Behaviors are activities that people do either on or off of Facebook. These can be anything from ordering a magazine subscription to spending an above average amount online. Behaviors are constructed from someone's activity as they browse the internet, along with their offline activity and that offline activity data might also include demographics, purchasing behaviors, and life events. Social Media Strategist, Megan Adams shows you how you can use behavior targeting on Facebook to target customers that have taken specific actions online and offline and how to use those behaviors to create a highly targeted and effective ads.
- [Voiceover] Behavoirs are activities…that people do either on or off of Facebook.…These can be anything from ordering a…magazine subscription to spending…an above average amount of time online.…Behavoirs are constructed from someone's…activity as they browse the internet…along with their offline activity.…That offline activity data is provided by…a variety of partners of Facebook.…That offline activity information…might also include demographics,…purchasing behaviors and life events.…So we're still here in the Ads Create tool.…
We're going to work in the Detail Targeting section.…To launch the Ads Create tool,…I selected Create Ads from the dropdown…in the upper right hand corner…of my Facebook account.…You can also get here by visiting the link on your screen.…You'll enter behaviors just like interests.…You can click within the Search Behaviors box…and begin typing to browse…or select the browse button for a list of options.…Now behaviors can be tricky.…There's not a guarantee that the…information here is accurate,…
Social media strategist Megan Adams takes you through the basics: setting up an account, understanding ad structure, and using the Ads Manager tools. She shows you how to make critical placement and budget decisions wisely. Learn when to promote pages vs. individual posts, when to use photo ads vs. link ads, and whether to place ads in the desktop or mobile news feed, in the sidebar, Instagram, or other places in Facebook's advertising network. Megan also shows you how to run ad reports, so you can determine whether your ads are accomplishing your goals. Finally, leave with some tips for writing great ads, choosing effective images, and improving ad performance.
- Understanding Facebook ad types
- Setting up an advertising account with Facebook
- Identifying and targeting your primary audience
- Choosing a budget
- Writing Facebook ads
- Boosting page posts
- Creating and scheduling reports
- Improving ad performance
- Understanding Facebook's ad policies