Your ads have now been created and it's time to pull the trigger and place your order. But before you do that, make sure you go over with Megan Adams some best practices before you place your order. These include how to properly review your ad, edit and manage any changes, and how to place your final order.
- [Instructor] At this stage I have created the ad…and I'm ready to place the order.…Let's first go over the steps that I took…to get to this point…and some of the best practices…before I place the order for the ad.…Here you can see that I'm still in the ads create tool…and you can always access this page…by going to the link that you see on your screen.…To explain how I got here, you can see…all the steps completed on the left hand side of the screen.…There you can see that I've gone to the ad create tool…beginning with a campaign.…I've completed the ad set info…that includes all the targeting.…
And I've finished off with the ad itself…adding on the creative info and content…for the ad itself.…Now before I place my order…it's always a good idea to review the ad.…And to do that, I'll go ahead,…scroll down, and select the review order option.…It's in this window that I'll be able to see…what I'm really creating.…I'll want to take a look at all the detail…and make sure that everything appears to be in order.…Be sure to review all of your audience settings,…
Social media strategist Megan Adams takes you through the basics: setting up an account, understanding ad structure, and using the Ads Manager tools. She shows you how to make critical placement and budget decisions wisely. Learn when to promote pages vs. individual posts, when to use photo ads vs. link ads, and whether to place ads in the desktop or mobile news feed, in the sidebar, Instagram, or other places in Facebook's advertising network. Megan also shows you how to run ad reports, so you can determine whether your ads are accomplishing your goals. Finally, leave with some tips for writing great ads, choosing effective images, and improving ad performance.
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Prepare a Facebook ad that targets the appropriate audience.
- Calculate Impressions using Frequency and Reach.
- List the criteria Facebook considers to assign users to high level interests.
- Name six targeting options.
- Choose the best budget for your ad campaign.
- Analyze advertising reports to track performance.
- Identify the most useful success metrics to help achieve your goals.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 07/19/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: understanding different Facebook ad types, choosing an ad campaign, choosing a budget for your ads, choosing your ad creative, writing your ad content, managing ad placements, and placing your ad order.
Q: This course was updated on 11/07/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: additional advertising options and how to create Facebook ads.
Q: This course was updated on 1/15/2019. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: exploring Facebook ad types.