Your ads have been created and now it's time to pull the trigger and place your order. But before you do that, make sure you go over with Social Media Strategist, Megan Adams, her best practices before you place your order. This includes how to properly review your ad, edit and manage any changes and how to place your final order.
- [Voiceover] When we talk about placements…on Facebook, we're referring to where…the advertisement shows up on Facebook.…Facebook provides five options,…Desktop News Feed, Mobile News Feed,…Instagram, Audience Network,…and Desktop Right Column.…An advertisement can appear on multiple placements…or you can choose to restrict where they appear.…In my experience, the News Feed offers…the most exposure for the money paid.…These ads more often than not see a higher…click through rate than those on the sidebar.…
Facebook is always optimizing,…and they've made changes to the sidebar…in the past year to try to increase…the likelihood they receive clicks…so test out what works for you.…It's under the ad preview section on the right…that we can see the ad placement options.…I am currently in the ad create tool,…and you can access this page by heading…to the link on your screen.…Facebook automatically defaults to all five placements,…and you can see them here below.…You know that they're active because they have…the remove button just to the right of them.…
Social media strategist Megan Adams takes you through the basics: setting up an account, understanding ad structure, and using the Ads Manager tools. She shows you how to make critical placement and budget decisions wisely. Learn when to promote pages vs. individual posts, when to use photo ads vs. link ads, and whether to place ads in the desktop or mobile news feed, in the sidebar, Instagram, or other places in Facebook's advertising network. Megan also shows you how to run ad reports, so you can determine whether your ads are accomplishing your goals. Finally, leave with some tips for writing great ads, choosing effective images, and improving ad performance.
- Understanding Facebook ad types
- Setting up an advertising account with Facebook
- Identifying and targeting your primary audience
- Choosing a budget
- Writing Facebook ads
- Boosting page posts
- Creating and scheduling reports
- Improving ad performance
- Understanding Facebook's ad policies