In this video, learn what you must do in order to be viewed as an industry expert or influencer within your field.
- To be viewed as an expert in your field, you should have work history or experience and achieved results. From speaking to consulting opportunities, being a trusted and credible thought leader in any industry has its benefits. However, it takes time and content to grow your influence. The first step to growing your professional influence is to evaluate. What are your strengths and what can you teach others based on your experience and results achieved? Begin by mapping out what are the topics that you can teach others? For example, if someone is looking for help with growing their YouTube channel, they're likely to go to Google or YouTube and type in "How to grow on YouTube." Ask yourself, "What do people want to know "and what can I teach them?" Then write down all the possible titles for blog and video content. It's easy to see thought leaders, such as Tony Robbins or Gary Vaynerchuk, and want to emulate what they do. Sadly, it's not that easy. To grow your personal brand and influence, follow this framework. What do your customers want to know and what can you teach them? Create a list of topics. Are you blogging insights and actionable tactics your customers deem valuable on Medium, LinkedIn, and Facebook? Are you teaching on YouTube? And, are you personally taking the time to respond on social media whenever someone engages with your content? The secret to personal branding is to have a mix of personal and professional content. It's less about who you are as a professional and more about who you are as a person that others in your industry can relate to yet get valuable context from. Leverage platforms like YouTube and Instagram to share what do you do for work alongside what do you do for play.
- Expanding your network with LinkedIn Groups
- Writing the perfect InMail message on LinkedIn
- How often you should post on social media
- Using Facebook as a sales and marketing channel
- Humanizing your brand
- Reclaiming lost fans on Facebook
- Building a Messenger chat bot
- Getting your first 10,000 YouTube subscribers
- Using hashtags