Pinterest is the place where images rule the day. In this tutorial personal branding consultant Karen Leland will show you the simple yet often overlooked ways that you can use the visual dynamics of the site to build your personal brand, including five types of popular Pinterest boards you can create to make a personal brand statement on the site.
- [Voiceover] A popular social media site,…Pinterest, has 47.1 million users in the U.S. alone…who spend an average of 14.2 minutes per visits on the site.…A full 45% of Pinterest users live outside the United States…and the site users are 85% women…between the ages of 25 to 54.…What does all this mean?…It means that if you have a business, book, or product…that is perfect for this demographic,…Pinterest is a good place for you to be.…
As with the other social media sites…your personal branding best on Pinterest begins…with how you fashion your profile.…There are three important steps.…First, make the about count.…Pinterest allows for a mere 160 characters…to describe yourself or your business…so make them count.…Since these are the details…that someone sees when they visit your profile page…aim for information that lets the viewer…get an at-a-glance look at who you are,…what you offer, and why they should care,…including: the basic elevator speech about who you are;…what you are passionate about pinning;…and your blog or website URL.…
This course shows how to authentically and powerfully present your brand online. Branding expert Karen Leland reveals the important differences between the four main social media sites—LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest—and how to use them for career advancement and networking.
- List three benefits of promoting your brand on social media.
- Name the top four social network brands for small businesses.
- Recognize five helpful techniques for creating a profile bio.
- Recall two key points to keep in mind when creating a profile on LinkedIn.
- Identify the rule of content that should be employed in tweets.
- Determine the benefits of hosting a virtual event.