When building your online community there are different targeted media options to consider that can help your business achieve rapid growth. This video includes the pros and cons for paid or unpaid growth initiative strategies that can be leveraged to build dynamic engagement and broaden your marketing reach.
- Should you pay to build your online community?…Let's first define what exactly paid means.…Paid media is when you pay to leverage an online channel.…Channels can include Facebook ads,…Twitter ads, Pinterest, and LinkedIn.…Let's use Facebook as an example.…Here you can see the promoted posts…that show up next to your timeline.…So these suggested pages and suggested groups…as well as these sponsored ads…all are promoted and paid content.…
If you would want to create your own promoted content,…you would go ahead and select "Create an Ad."…Here as you see more options,…it brings you into your Facebook advertising account.…See on Facebook, you have the option…to pay for your content to show up in more targeted…and customer-specific news feeds.…This also applies to other social channels,…like Google AdWords, Twitter,…and most other social media networks.…So what are the benefits of paid media?…First, you can achieve rapid growth…with specific targeting and broadening your reach.…
You also then have the ability…to scale your efforts very easily.…
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Building an online community
- Using social media to build community
- Creating content to engage your audience
- Finding brand advocates
- Measuring your community's growth