Join Megan Adams for an in-depth discussion in this video Online tools for building community, part of Social Media Marketing: Managing Online Communities.
- [Instructor] What tools do you need…in order to build, manage, and grow…your community online?…Lets go over some of the top tools…you should be using to build your community.…First is the most important tool,…and that's your online platform.…This is where your community resides online.…It's also where the majority of interactions,…conversations, and community building…will take place.…These are places like your website,…Facebook, Facebook groups, Twitter,…Instagram, LinkedIn, and on.…
The best way to decide which platform…to use for your online community…is to see where your community already is.…If majority are on Facebook, then perhaps…that's where you want to be.…To determine where your community is,…I recommend doing a simple Google search…to check out the demographics…for each social network.…That way you can see the key information…for each social network platform…and get more information on who uses it…and to see if that matches your demographics…for your community.…
Here's some online platforms where you can discover…
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Building an online community
- Using social media to build community
- Creating content to engage your audience
- Finding brand advocates
- Measuring your community's growth
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 04/26/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: online tools for building community, creating engagement online, paid vs. unpaid tactics for growth, and measuring your community's growth.