Join Mark Burgess for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Social Employees: The New Marketing Channel.
- Congratulations on making it through…our social employee activation course.…By now you've learned the value of social marketing…and how to get your own pilot program off the ground.…The only thing left to do is to take that first leap.…- Here's a little analogy to encourage you along your way.…Ducks often hatch in nests high in the trees…and within hours of hatching,…the ducklings' mothers leaves the nest…for a nearby pond, calling to her children…to come join her.…
- Now, here's the challenge.…The ducklings are too young to fly,…but instinctively, they know they have to leave the nest.…So, what do they do?…They take a leap of faith, free falling through the air…until they bounce lightly off the ground below.…They pick themselves up and they continue along their way.…- The lesson here is that while sometimes…the first step may feel like the hardest,…but the only real obstacle is fear of the unknown.…- But once you take that leap,…you can get up, look around and realize…the whole new world is out there…waiting to be explored.…
As empowered brand ambassadors, social employees hold the power to transform how companies communicate both internally and externally to reach customers. This is a win/win for both company and employee—boosting brand value for the company through authentic communication and increasing exposure and career opportunities for employees. Social employees build their own personal brands and establish themselves as leaders in their field. Here Mark and Cheryl outline the roles empowered social employees can play to transform culture and drive business results, including a five-step pilot social employee plan (called the 5 Ds) designed to help companies to increase internal and external engagement, leads, reputation, and sales. This means a more trusted brand that attracts and retains high-value employees—and that delivers more effective marketing communications in the digital marketplace. This course moves from explaining why it makes sense to create engaged brand ambassadors to how to implement and measure results.
- Shifting from outbound to inbound marketing
- Creating the social employee
- Encouraging social executives and leaders
- Storytelling using social media
- Creating a social employee pilot plan