Placements on Facebook refers to where the advertisement will show up on Facebook. Social Media Strategist, Megan Adams covers the five options; desktop news feed, mobile news feed, instagram, audience network and desktop right column and helps you understand which placements would work best for your ad campaign.
- [Voiceover] At this stage,…we have created our ad and are ready to place our order.…Let's go over the steps that we took to get to this point,…and some best practices,…before we place the order for our advertisement.…Here you can see that I'm in the ad's Create Tool.…You can access this page…by going to the link you see on the screen.…To explain how I got here,…you can see all the steps completed…on the left hand side of the screen.…There you see we have gone through the Ad Create Tool,…beginning with a Campaign, completing the Ad Set info,…that includes all the targeting,…and finish off with the ad itself,…adding on the creative info and content for our ad.…
Before we place our order,…it's always a good idea to review our ad.…And, to do that, we'll select the Review Order option…just to the left of the Place Order button.…It's in this window…that you'll want to take a look at all of the detail,…and make sure that everything appears to be in order.…Review all of your audience settings, your campaign name,…your bid type, the bid, the budget,…
Social media strategist Megan Adams takes you through the basics: setting up an account, understanding ad structure, and using the Ads Manager tools. She shows you how to make critical placement and budget decisions wisely. Learn when to promote pages vs. individual posts, when to use photo ads vs. link ads, and whether to place ads in the desktop or mobile news feed, in the sidebar, Instagram, or other places in Facebook's advertising network. Megan also shows you how to run ad reports, so you can determine whether your ads are accomplishing your goals. Finally, leave with some tips for writing great ads, choosing effective images, and improving ad performance.
- Understanding Facebook ad types
- Setting up an advertising account with Facebook
- Identifying and targeting your primary audience
- Choosing a budget
- Writing Facebook ads
- Boosting page posts
- Creating and scheduling reports
- Improving ad performance
- Understanding Facebook's ad policies