Understand the significant opportunity for companies to curate engaging social media content from social employees.
- Let's say something exciting is happening at your company.…Perhaps you've exceeded your quarterly goals.…You're unveiling a new product, or you're…partnering with members of your community…to support a worthy cause.…Whatever the case may be, you have something…that you're really eager to share, and you want…the right people to know about it.…But what's the best way to get the message out?…One increasingly effective approach is to connect…with your audience through a live stream or video broadcast.…
Streaming video has become an essential component…of social sharing.…And as innovative new platforms continue to find…ways to boost interactivity, its popularity has skyrocketed.…In order to tackle the wide world of video,…let's first break video sharing into two basic categories:…temporary and fixed.…Temporary platforms such as Meerkat and Periscope…are usually associated with live streaming.…
These can be great for showcasing moments…that have some immediacy to them.…Just remember that not long after you close…your stream, users will no longer have access…
As empowered brand ambassadors, social employees hold the power to transform how companies communicate both internally and externally to reach customers. This is a win/win for both company and employee—boosting brand value for the company through authentic communication and increasing exposure and career opportunities for employees. Social employees build their own personal brands and establish themselves as leaders in their field. Here Mark and Cheryl outline the roles empowered social employees can play to transform culture and drive business results, including a five-step pilot social employee plan (called the 5 Ds) designed to help companies to increase internal and external engagement, leads, reputation, and sales. This means a more trusted brand that attracts and retains high-value employees—and that delivers more effective marketing communications in the digital marketplace. This course moves from explaining why it makes sense to create engaged brand ambassadors to how to implement and measure results.
- Shifting from outbound to inbound marketing
- Creating the social employee
- Encouraging social executives and leaders
- Storytelling using social media
- Creating a social employee pilot plan