Your success with Facebook ads is dependent on following some key guidelines. Social Media Strategist, Megan Adams reviews the major policies in order to help you prevent your ads from being flagged for review. Your success with Facebook ads is dependent on following some key guidelines, be sure that you understand what they are.
- [Voiceover] Your success with Facebook ads…is dependent on following some key guidelines.…Let's review the major policies to help you…prevent your ads from being flagged for review.…We'll start by talking about images.…The most important rule, and often the most confusing,…is related to text on an image.…Ads in the newsfeed can't have images…with more than 20% of text in them.…That includes logos, slogans,…and any custom copy you overlay.…Facebook does this to maintain a…positive ad environment for users.…
They feel that less text on images makes the…overall advertisement feel more high quality.…As long as you stick to the 20% rule, you'll be fine.…Facebook does have a tool to help you determine…if your text is acceptable…and you can find that tool in the link shown on the screen,…but let's head over to the tool and take a look.…Here in the grid tool I've uploaded the H+ Sport logo.…Pretty certain that it would not fit the criteria,…and sure enough, the text covers 40% of the image,…so I would not be able to use the logo as an ad image.…
Social media strategist Megan Adams takes you through the basics: setting up an account, understanding ad structure, and using the Ads Manager tools. She shows you how to make critical placement and budget decisions wisely. Learn when to promote pages vs. individual posts, when to use photo ads vs. link ads, and whether to place ads in the desktop or mobile news feed, in the sidebar, Instagram, or other places in Facebook's advertising network. Megan also shows you how to run ad reports, so you can determine whether your ads are accomplishing your goals. Finally, leave with some tips for writing great ads, choosing effective images, and improving ad performance.
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Prepare a Facebook ad that targets the appropriate audience.
- Calculate Impressions using Frequency and Reach.
- List the criteria Facebook considers to assign users to high level interests.
- Name six targeting options.
- Choose the best budget for your ad campaign.
- Analyze advertising reports to track performance.
- Identify the most useful success metrics to help achieve your goals.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 07/19/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: understanding different Facebook ad types, choosing an ad campaign, choosing a budget for your ads, choosing your ad creative, writing your ad content, managing ad placements, and placing your ad order.
Q: This course was updated on 11/07/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: additional advertising options and how to create Facebook ads.
Q: This course was updated on 1/15/2019. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: exploring Facebook ad types.