Your success with Facebook ads is dependent on following some key guidelines. Social Media Strategist, Megan Adams reviews the major policies in order to help you prevent your ads from being flagged for review. Your success with Facebook ads is dependent on following some key guidelines, be sure that you understand what they are.
- [Voiceover] Your success with Facebook ads…is dependent on following some key guidelines.…Let's review the major policies to help you…prevent your ads from being flagged for review.…We'll start by talking about images.…The most important rule, and often the most confusing,…is related to text on an image.…Ads in the newsfeed can't have images…with more than 20% of text in them.…That includes logos, slogans,…and any custom copy you overlay.…Facebook does this to maintain a…positive ad environment for users.…
They feel that less text on images makes the…overall advertisement feel more high quality.…As long as you stick to the 20% rule, you'll be fine.…Facebook does have a tool to help you determine…if your text is acceptable…and you can find that tool in the link shown on the screen,…but let's head over to the tool and take a look.…Here in the grid tool I've uploaded the H+ Sport logo.…Pretty certain that it would not fit the criteria,…and sure enough, the text covers 40% of the image,…so I would not be able to use the logo as an ad image.…
Social media strategist Megan Adams takes you through the basics: setting up an account, understanding ad structure, and using the Ads Manager tools. She shows you how to make critical placement and budget decisions wisely. Learn when to promote pages vs. individual posts, when to use photo ads vs. link ads, and whether to place ads in the desktop or mobile news feed, in the sidebar, Instagram, or other places in Facebook's advertising network. Megan also shows you how to run ad reports, so you can determine whether your ads are accomplishing your goals. Finally, leave with some tips for writing great ads, choosing effective images, and improving ad performance.
- Understanding Facebook ad types
- Setting up an advertising account with Facebook
- Identifying and targeting your primary audience
- Choosing a budget
- Writing Facebook ads
- Boosting page posts
- Creating and scheduling reports
- Improving ad performance
- Understanding Facebook's ad policies