Learn some advanced techniques from Social Media Strategist, Megan Adams as she walks you through a couple highly effective ways to improve the performance of your Facebook ads. Techniques include advanced targeting, call to action optimization and effective copywriting for the creative portion of your ad.
- [Voiceover] Now that you've created some great ads,…let's go over some ways that you can continue…to improve your performance.…First, let's evaluate relevancy.…Essentially, this is looking to see if your ads…are still relevant to your target audience.…Do the interests you set up make sense for them still,…or do they need refining?…How about your demographics?…Review your demographics to reach people…likely to be interested.…This might mean adjusting the age range,…or focusing on a specific gender.…Second, if the ad is performing well,…but you're not seeing substantial results after the click,…I'd start looking at your landing page.…
Your landing page is a URL you're sending people to,…after they click on your Facebook ad.…Is this page they landed on easy to navigate and relevant?…Just think, if you clicked on an advertisement that said…sign up, or buy now, you'd expect to visit a page…specific to that.…Don't be afraid to create a custom page to present…the information related to your advertisement.…This will increase conversion on your website.…
Social media strategist Megan Adams takes you through the basics: setting up an account, understanding ad structure, and using the Ads Manager tools. She shows you how to make critical placement and budget decisions wisely. Learn when to promote pages vs. individual posts, when to use photo ads vs. link ads, and whether to place ads in the desktop or mobile news feed, in the sidebar, Instagram, or other places in Facebook's advertising network. Megan also shows you how to run ad reports, so you can determine whether your ads are accomplishing your goals. Finally, leave with some tips for writing great ads, choosing effective images, and improving ad performance.
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Understanding Facebook ad types
- Setting up an advertising account with Facebook
- Identifying and targeting your primary audience
- Choosing a budget
- Writing Facebook ads
- Boosting page posts
- Creating and scheduling reports
- Improving ad performance
- Understanding Facebook's ad policies
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 07/19/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: understanding different Facebook ad types, choosing an ad campaign, choosing a budget for your ads, choosing your ad creative, writing your ad content, managing ad placements, and placing your ad order.
Q: This course was updated on 11/07/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: additional advertising options and how to create Facebook ads.