Join Megan Adams for an in-depth discussion in this video Identify your primary audience, part of Advertising on Facebook.
- [Narrator] Facebook ads are capable of targeting…even the most niched of audiences.…So once you've chosen your advertising objective,…the next step is to identify your audience.…The audience you define are the people who will be…shown your ad, so choosing a highly relevant audience…is important.…You want to increase a likelihood that people will…not only interact with your ad but they'll perform…the impended objective.…We're in the ads create tool and we'll begin targeting…our intended audience.…Remember, to launch the ads create tool, you can select…'create ads' from the dropdown in the upper right hand…corner of your Facebook page.…
You could also get here by visiting the link on the screen.…This is a great page to bookmark as you'll be using it…every time you create a new ad.…So at this point, we've identified our objective…and that's to raise brand awareness.…If you haven't previously created an ad,…you may be prompted to quickly verify your account details.…After verifying that information, you'll be brought…
Social media strategist Megan Adams takes you through the basics: setting up an account, understanding ad structure, and using the Ads Manager tools. She shows you how to make critical placement and budget decisions wisely. Learn when to promote pages vs. individual posts, when to use photo ads vs. link ads, and whether to place ads in the desktop or mobile news feed, in the sidebar, Instagram, or other places in Facebook's advertising network. Megan also shows you how to run ad reports, so you can determine whether your ads are accomplishing your goals. Finally, leave with some tips for writing great ads, choosing effective images, and improving ad performance.
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Understanding Facebook ad types
- Setting up an advertising account with Facebook
- Identifying and targeting your primary audience
- Choosing a budget
- Writing Facebook ads
- Boosting page posts
- Creating and scheduling reports
- Improving ad performance
- Understanding Facebook's ad policies
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 07/19/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: understanding different Facebook ad types, choosing an ad campaign, choosing a budget for your ads, choosing your ad creative, writing your ad content, managing ad placements, and placing your ad order.
Q: This course was updated on 11/07/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: additional advertising options and how to create Facebook ads.