- [Voiceover] Much of social media is about building…relationships and forming a community around your content.…Through conversations on comment threads,…people feel included in your brand.…One of the services that you can offer on a daily basis…is helping people better connect with each other.…This serves you as well, as it really builds…tighter connections across the network.…Just like in a networking event, comments are a great place…where you can connect people up…and where other people can do the same.…
Comments are a place where you can become friends…with people and increase the depth of a relationship.…It is also where you can help your friends…become friends with each other.…Looking at this example on LinkedIn,…I can see that Sabrina has commented…and that Crystal has liked a particular post.…Seeing as both of them are my friend,…I may leave a comment to say, why don't you two connect?…And when you do that, you're starting to increase…the density of connectivity between people,…and it makes those people feel you're endorsing them…
- Differentiate between threaded and non-threaded conversations.
- Explain why hashtags are used in social media posts.
- Describe ways in which images influence social behavior.
- Recall how to use questions to your advantage in social media posts.
- Cite reasons why it’s important to be careful about the topics you post about online.
- Explain how to redirect attention on a comment thread.
- Recognize the importance of avoiding being snarky on social media threads.