Google tag manager is a free tool that makes it easy for marketers to add and update website tags; this way you can create action specific tags for different pages and events on your website. If you're using Google Tag Manager with your web site, you can configure your Facebook pixel directly within the tool and Megan walks you through those steps.
- [Voiceover] If you are using Google Tag Manager…with your website, you can configure your Facebook pixel…directly within the tool.…Google Tag Manager is a free tool…that makes it easy for marketers…to add and update website tags.…This way, you can create action-specific tags…for different pages and events on your website.…You'll start by visiting the Google Tag Manager…and logging in with your account.…For the purpose of this video,…I'm going to assume that you've already established…an account on Google Tag Manager…and that you've got it properly set up…and launched on your website.…
Now, I'm already logged in and I've gone ahead…and opened the container that we'll be using.…The next step will be to click New Tag.…First, we need to give this tag a name,…which I'll go ahead and do now.…Then we need to choose a tag type below.…Here, we're going to select Custom HTML tag.…We need to use a Custom HTML Tag template…because there isn't a preset template…for the Facebook pixel.…Here, in the HTML window,…we'll paste in the pixel exactly as it is on Facebook.…
The course also covers conversion tracking with the Facebook pixel, and retargeting users who have previously interacted with your brand's page or website. Plus, learn how to use the Power Editor to quickly duplicate ads with different targeting or imagery, and move ads between accounts. And last but not least, Megan reveals tips for mimicking A/B testing of ads and generating more leads.
If you need a Facebook advertising refresher before diving into these advanced tactics, check out Facebook Advertising Fundamentals.
- Using the Power Editor
- Managing ads and campaigns in bulk
- Bulk uploading ad images
- Managing pages
- Creating custom audiences
- Duplicating ads
- Using conversion pixels
- Setting up roles and permissions in Facebook Business Manager
- Retargeting ads
- Conducting A/B tests on Facebook ads
- Generating leads with Facebook ads