With any type of advertising, the more relevant your ads are to your audience, the more successful your advertising campaign will be. In this video, Social Media Strategist, Megan Adams shows you the different ways you can target your advertising on Facebook from targeting by location, to purchasing behaviors. You will leave with a thorough understanding of Facebook's targeting options that will help you find the right audience for your ad campaign.
- [Voiceover] With any type of advertising,…the more relevant the ads are to your audience,…the more successful your advertising campaign will be.…Facebook has a lot of targeting options that you'll…definitely want to try.…Let's go over them.…The most widely used targeting option is location.…With this, you'll identify cities, countries,…and even neighborhoods where you want to do business.…For example, if you're a local business,…you can show your ad to people who are just…within five miles of your store.…Next up, we have demographics,…and here you'll choose the audience for your ad…based on criteria such as age, gender, or education.…
For example, you could create a different ad…to appeal to a different age group or gender.…Now, those are fairly broad,…so let's take a look at more specific targeting options.…You'll spend a lot of time using interests,…and this is what makes Facebook advertising so effective.…With interest targeting,…you'll reach people based on their interests,…hobbies, and pages they like on Facebook.…
Social media strategist Megan Adams takes you through the basics: setting up an account, understanding ad structure, and using the Ads Manager tools. She shows you how to make critical placement and budget decisions wisely. Learn when to promote pages vs. individual posts, when to use photo ads vs. link ads, and whether to place ads in the desktop or mobile news feed, in the sidebar, Instagram, or other places in Facebook's advertising network. Megan also shows you how to run ad reports, so you can determine whether your ads are accomplishing your goals. Finally, leave with some tips for writing great ads, choosing effective images, and improving ad performance.
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Prepare a Facebook ad that targets the appropriate audience.
- Calculate Impressions using Frequency and Reach.
- List the criteria Facebook considers to assign users to high level interests.
- Name six targeting options.
- Choose the best budget for your ad campaign.
- Analyze advertising reports to track performance.
- Identify the most useful success metrics to help achieve your goals.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 07/19/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: understanding different Facebook ad types, choosing an ad campaign, choosing a budget for your ads, choosing your ad creative, writing your ad content, managing ad placements, and placing your ad order.
Q: This course was updated on 11/07/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: additional advertising options and how to create Facebook ads.
Q: This course was updated on 1/15/2019. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: exploring Facebook ad types.