This personal branding tutorial will help you understand the main ways you can specifically use social media to positively impact your personal brand, career, and business. Personal branding expert Karen Leland explains how a personal brand positioning strategy on social media can lead to enhanced brand recognition and thought leadership, increased trust through leveraged credibility, and a competitive advantage.
- Despite the vast number of studies and statistics…showing that social media has a positive impact…on building a brand, many business people…still don't really know what social media…can do for them or how to best use it…to build their personal and business brands.…In general, there are three specific ways…that almost everyone can benefit from social media.…The first is enhanced brand recognition…and thought leadership.…It's simple, the more frequently…you show up on social media, the greater…your brand exposure, and the more recognizable…and credible you and your business become.…
For example, I received a call…from a writer at fastcompany.com…who was working on a piece about personal branding.…When I asked him where he found me,…he said he Googled the term and a whole slew…of my content, including blog posts,…articles, videos, tweets, and Facebook posts,…et cetera, consistently came up.…Seeing my name one time on personal and business branding…put me on his radar, seeing my name dozens of times…made me more of a thought leader.…
This course shows how to authentically and powerfully present your brand online. Branding expert Karen Leland reveals the important differences between the four main social media sites—LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest—and how to use them for career advancement and networking.
- List three benefits of promoting your brand on social media.
- Name the top four social network brands for small businesses.
- Recognize five helpful techniques for creating a profile bio.
- Recall two key points to keep in mind when creating a profile on LinkedIn.
- Identify the rule of content that should be employed in tweets.
- Determine the benefits of hosting a virtual event.