Join Megan Adams for an in-depth discussion in this video How to schedule advertising reports, part of Advertising on Facebook.
- [Instructor] The best advertisers review data frequently…and Facebook makes it really easy to do just that…by using scheduled reports.…With a few simple steps, you can create a custom report…and have it emailed to you at the frequency you decide.…To access your reports,…head over to the manage your ads section from the dropdown…in the upper right hand corner of your account.…I've gone ahead and logged into my personal account…so you can see what the dashboard looks like…when you have data associated with your ads.…Once you have organized the information…you wish to be contained in your report…and that's going to be exactly what you see on the dashboard…so what you see on the dashboard in those columns…is going to be what shows up in your report.…
So you can use the Search, the Filters…and the Lifetime buttons at the top…as well as the Columns and the Breakdown buttons below…to set up that report.…Once that's set up, head over to the Report icon…just to the left of the account text…and from there, you can either select Save New Report…
Social media strategist Megan Adams takes you through the basics: setting up an account, understanding ad structure, and using the Ads Manager tools. She shows you how to make critical placement and budget decisions wisely. Learn when to promote pages vs. individual posts, when to use photo ads vs. link ads, and whether to place ads in the desktop or mobile news feed, in the sidebar, Instagram, or other places in Facebook's advertising network. Megan also shows you how to run ad reports, so you can determine whether your ads are accomplishing your goals. Finally, leave with some tips for writing great ads, choosing effective images, and improving ad performance.
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Understanding Facebook ad types
- Setting up an advertising account with Facebook
- Identifying and targeting your primary audience
- Choosing a budget
- Writing Facebook ads
- Boosting page posts
- Creating and scheduling reports
- Improving ad performance
- Understanding Facebook's ad policies
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 07/19/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: understanding different Facebook ad types, choosing an ad campaign, choosing a budget for your ads, choosing your ad creative, writing your ad content, managing ad placements, and placing your ad order.
Q: This course was updated on 11/07/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: additional advertising options and how to create Facebook ads.