Join Megan Adams for an in-depth discussion in this video How to measure your community's growth, part of Social Media Marketing: Managing Online Communities.
- [Instructor] People often ask me,…how do you measure your success…for online community building?…The biggest challenge in measuring your efforts…is that you're striving to form…and create valuable relationships.…How do you measure relationships?…Revenue directly from community building efforts…is very hard to track, but the brand awareness it creates…does ultimately lead to sales and increased conversions.…One of the best metrics for tracking a long term benefit…of community building is through customer acquisition cost.…
As you begin to build a rapport and relationship…with your prospects and customers,…and grow awareness around your business…the brand equity that you build makes it cost less…and easier to attract new customers.…Community building will decrease the price…that you pay for every new customer.…To find your customer acquisition cost,…you add up your marketing and sales budget…for a specific period of time,…and you divide that by the total number of customers…you get in that specific time.…
It really isn't as complicated as it may sound.…
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Building an online community
- Using social media to build community
- Creating content to engage your audience
- Finding brand advocates
- Measuring your community's growth
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 04/26/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: online tools for building community, creating engagement online, paid vs. unpaid tactics for growth, and measuring your community's growth.