One of the benefits of social media, is that it’s trackable and lets companies measure whether the content they’re creating has a positive impact on their customers and business goals. In this video tutorial, digital and social media strategist Martin Waxman teaches you the fundamentals of social media measurement. He explains why you need to establish metrics up front and the importance of adding a tracking tag to URLs in order determine if your plan is working.
- [Voiceover] One of the biggest benefits of social media…is that it's trackable.…Let's look at a typical Google Analytics dashboard,…the platform many businesses use…to measure online marketing results.…From here, we can determine if our content is resonating…with the people we're trying to reach,…or whether we need to adjust,…but you don't just dive into the metrics mid-campaign,…you have to decide what you're measuring up front,…and how you're going to measure it,…and that takes planning.…
So, where do you start?…That depends on what you're trying to achieve.…A good place is your business goals and objects.…For Topsy Turvy, success could be an increase…in cake orders over a set period of time.…Topsy Turvy could work with its IT or analytics consultant…to setup a special campaign URL on Google Analytics…with a tracking tag,…and that shows them where the traffic's coming from.…They could give that trackable URL to a blogger…who's writing a story about their cake designs,…or share the link on social media platforms,…
- List five examples of an organization’s content.
- Identify SEO strategies that will increase traffic to your website.
- Name the major platforms in social media.
- Predict the best social media strategy for a small business based on customer behavior.
- Prepare a social media plan using strategic considerations and measurable objectives.
- Define three tips for using social media to establish a solid customer relationship.
- Analyze data gathered through social media to perform A/B tests.