Managing your Facebook ads is imperative to running a successful campaign. In this video, Social Media Strategist, Megan Adams teaches you how to edit existing ads, create similar ads and manage your ads campaigns using the Ad Manager dashboard within Facebook. This dashboad provides a high-level view of any current or past campaigns as well as allows you to create, edit and manage your ads.It shows you all your advertisements, allowing you to check their status, make changes, and update your bidding.
- [Voiceover] Your Facebook ads dashboard…is your go-to location for keeping tabs…on all your advertisements.…To access it, go to the manage your ad section…from the drop down in the upper right hand corner…of your account.…Once you're in ads manager,…you'll see all your data on the dashboard.…It shows all your advertisements,…allows you to check their status,…make changes, and update your bidding.…You'll use it to get a high level view…of any current or past campaigns…as well as create, edit, and manage them.…To take a closer look at a campaign,…we'll select it from the list here at the bottom.…
Here you see some options pop up.…We're gonna select view, but before we do that,…I want to show you the edit function.…Clicking on edit brings up a new window…where you can quickly edit any information…for your campaign.…We can also do this on the view page.…I'm gonna cancel this window and we'll select view.…Here we have a more in depth view of the campaign.…At the top, you can proxy between the main dashboard view,…taking a look at performance,…
Social media strategist Megan Adams takes you through the basics: setting up an account, understanding ad structure, and using the Ads Manager tools. She shows you how to make critical placement and budget decisions wisely. Learn when to promote pages vs. individual posts, when to use photo ads vs. link ads, and whether to place ads in the desktop or mobile news feed, in the sidebar, Instagram, or other places in Facebook's advertising network. Megan also shows you how to run ad reports, so you can determine whether your ads are accomplishing your goals. Finally, leave with some tips for writing great ads, choosing effective images, and improving ad performance.
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Understanding Facebook ad types
- Setting up an advertising account with Facebook
- Identifying and targeting your primary audience
- Choosing a budget
- Writing Facebook ads
- Boosting page posts
- Creating and scheduling reports
- Improving ad performance
- Understanding Facebook's ad policies
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 07/19/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: understanding different Facebook ad types, choosing an ad campaign, choosing a budget for your ads, choosing your ad creative, writing your ad content, managing ad placements, and placing your ad order.
Q: This course was updated on 11/07/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: additional advertising options and how to create Facebook ads.