Join Megan Adams for an in-depth discussion in this video How to get more page likes, part of Advertising on Facebook.
- [Instructor] One of the quickest ways…to start promoting your Facebook page…in order to gain more fans and exposure for your content…is to create an ad to promote your Facebook page.…You'll first need to navigate to your Facebook page…and be logged in as an admin…or manager with advertising privileges.…I'm here on the H+ Sport's fan page logged in as Henry.…Now, in the left-hand side under the page tabs,…there's a button that says Promote.…This option may be in a different section of your page…depending on how many likes you have,…whether or not you're using activity monitor.…
Regardless of where you find the Promote button,…the options that appear will be the same.…I'm going to go ahead and select that button.…Once the promote page window appears,…you'll see a list of similarities to the ad create tool.…This is essentially a mini version of that section…except for you'll see more predefined categories…like boosting a post or setting up an ongoing promotion.…Now, I'm going to select show more…in order to get to the promote your page option.…
Social media strategist Megan Adams takes you through the basics: setting up an account, understanding ad structure, and using the Ads Manager tools. She shows you how to make critical placement and budget decisions wisely. Learn when to promote pages vs. individual posts, when to use photo ads vs. link ads, and whether to place ads in the desktop or mobile news feed, in the sidebar, Instagram, or other places in Facebook's advertising network. Megan also shows you how to run ad reports, so you can determine whether your ads are accomplishing your goals. Finally, leave with some tips for writing great ads, choosing effective images, and improving ad performance.
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Prepare a Facebook ad that targets the appropriate audience.
- Calculate Impressions using Frequency and Reach.
- List the criteria Facebook considers to assign users to high level interests.
- Name six targeting options.
- Choose the best budget for your ad campaign.
- Analyze advertising reports to track performance.
- Identify the most useful success metrics to help achieve your goals.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 07/19/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: understanding different Facebook ad types, choosing an ad campaign, choosing a budget for your ads, choosing your ad creative, writing your ad content, managing ad placements, and placing your ad order.
Q: This course was updated on 11/07/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: additional advertising options and how to create Facebook ads.
Q: This course was updated on 1/15/2019. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: exploring Facebook ad types.