One of the quickest ways to start promoting your Facebook Page in order to gain more fans and exposure for your content, is the “Get More Page Likes” advertising option. Social Media Strategist, Megan Adams walks you through how exactly you can set up an ad with this objective along with some best practices on how you can get the most likes with spending the littlest amount of money.
- [Voiceover] One of the quickest ways…to start promoting your Facebook page…in order to gain more fans and exposure for your content…is to use the Get More Page Likes advertising option.…You'll first need to navigate to your Facebook page…and be logged in as an admin…or manager with advertising privileges.…I'm here on the H+ Sport fan page logged in as Henry.…Now on the right hand side,…there's an option called Promote Page.…This option may be in a different section of your page…depending on how many likes you have…and whether or not you're using the Activity Monitor.…
Regardless of where you find the Promote Page,…the options that appear will be the same.…I'm gonna go ahead and click the button.…Once the Promote Page window appears,…you'll see a list of similarities to the Ad Create tool.…This is essentially a mini version of that section,…except that we've got our predefined objective…to get more Page Likes.…Facebook automatically generates a preview of your ad,…and it does this by pulling the cover photo for your page…
Social media strategist Megan Adams takes you through the basics: setting up an account, understanding ad structure, and using the Ads Manager tools. She shows you how to make critical placement and budget decisions wisely. Learn when to promote pages vs. individual posts, when to use photo ads vs. link ads, and whether to place ads in the desktop or mobile news feed, in the sidebar, Instagram, or other places in Facebook's advertising network. Megan also shows you how to run ad reports, so you can determine whether your ads are accomplishing your goals. Finally, leave with some tips for writing great ads, choosing effective images, and improving ad performance.
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Understanding Facebook ad types
- Setting up an advertising account with Facebook
- Identifying and targeting your primary audience
- Choosing a budget
- Writing Facebook ads
- Boosting page posts
- Creating and scheduling reports
- Improving ad performance
- Understanding Facebook's ad policies
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 07/19/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: understanding different Facebook ad types, choosing an ad campaign, choosing a budget for your ads, choosing your ad creative, writing your ad content, managing ad placements, and placing your ad order.