In this video, you'll find an overview of what authentic online engagement looks like, including why creating content is important to keeping community members engaged. Megan Adams discusses strategies on how to increase brand awareness as well as best practices for how businesses can capture their audience’s attention.
- What is online engagement?…Online engagement is simply the ability…to hold a viewer's attention.…It could be them liking a Facebook post,…commenting on your blog,…or even just reading your tweet.…You want to keep your community members engaged…because high engagement is a sign of a vibrant community.…Tracking engagement can be tricky…since we can't always track a user's attention…with our content.…Here in my Facebook page's Insights dashboard,…you see we can track things like…likes, post reach, engagement, shares,…and tools like Google Analytics, Facebook Insights,…helps us to measure our community's engagement.…
So why is engagement important?…We want to capture our audience's attention.…When we get someone's undivided attention,…even for a split second, we're making an impression…and creating awareness for our brand.…With specific forms of engagement,…we're even getting the user to take a specific action.…Say we get a user to click on a link in our tweet…like this one from the OVCAA.…That means we got our fan to take the intended action,…
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Building an online community
- Using social media to build community
- Creating content to engage your audience
- Finding brand advocates
- Measuring your community's growth