Join Megan Adams for an in-depth discussion in this video How to create advertising reports, part of Advertising on Facebook.
- [Instructor] In order to understand…how your advertising campaigns are performing,…reports are essential.…They provide the details that you need…to refine your advertisements…and identify whether you're achieving your goals.…To access your reports, head to the Manage Your Ads section…from the drop-down in the upper right-hand corner…of your Facebook account.…Once you're in Ads Manager, you'll see all of your data…on the dashboard.…I've gone ahead and logged in under my own account…so you can see what it looks like…once you have data associated with your ads.…Let's first look at how to navigate this section…by starting at the top.…
On the far left is the report icon.…Selecting this will give you the options…of saving a new report and accessing previously saved ones.…It's here you can also manage the reports…that you've created.…This is where you can edit them,…you can download them, or even delete them.…Now let's take a look at the right-hand side…of the screen under the Create Ad button.…Here, first you have the Search option.…
Social media strategist Megan Adams takes you through the basics: setting up an account, understanding ad structure, and using the Ads Manager tools. She shows you how to make critical placement and budget decisions wisely. Learn when to promote pages vs. individual posts, when to use photo ads vs. link ads, and whether to place ads in the desktop or mobile news feed, in the sidebar, Instagram, or other places in Facebook's advertising network. Megan also shows you how to run ad reports, so you can determine whether your ads are accomplishing your goals. Finally, leave with some tips for writing great ads, choosing effective images, and improving ad performance.
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Prepare a Facebook ad that targets the appropriate audience.
- Calculate Impressions using Frequency and Reach.
- List the criteria Facebook considers to assign users to high level interests.
- Name six targeting options.
- Choose the best budget for your ad campaign.
- Analyze advertising reports to track performance.
- Identify the most useful success metrics to help achieve your goals.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 07/19/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: understanding different Facebook ad types, choosing an ad campaign, choosing a budget for your ads, choosing your ad creative, writing your ad content, managing ad placements, and placing your ad order.
Q: This course was updated on 11/07/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: additional advertising options and how to create Facebook ads.
Q: This course was updated on 1/15/2019. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: exploring Facebook ad types.