With social media marketing, nothing’s set in stone. That’s why it’s important to test and adapt your tactics and be prepared to adjust your campaign in real-time. In this video tutorial, digital and social media strategist Martin Waxman explains why you need to be flexible and shows you how to conduct A/B tests to determine which creative options work best with your customers.
- [Voiceover] Before social media,…marketing your business was easier to do.…Maybe you'd produce an ad and place it on a local TV show,…perhaps you'd try to get a story written about your business…in a trade magazine.…Once you had a plan you stuck to it,…and often wouldn't know whether it achieved your goals.…Today, you also need to develop…a social media marketing program,…and it's important to realize that nothing is set in stone.…That's why you should test and adapt your tactics,…and be prepared to adjust your campaign in real-time…if your metrics tell you you're not heading…where you want to go.…
Social media changed the speed of communication,…gave us two-way interactivity,…and increased the proliferation of channels…so your customers can spread the news.…Let's look at Topsy Turvy bakery.…Suppose they want to write a blog post…on cake frosting tips and share that on social media.…Imagine they've come up with a couple of headlines…and aren't sure which one their customers would prefer.…How can they test that?…
- Using social media to listen to customers
- Setting goals
- Crafting a social media policy and a plan
- Creating shareable content
- Measuring your social media success