Great copy can be easily lost in a news feed without a captivating image. To make the most of your advertising real estate, Social Media Strategist, Megan Adams teaches what makes an image compelling as well as the ins and outs of how to choose an image that will out from the crowd and resonate with your audience.
- [Voiceover] Great ad copy can be easily lost…in the Facebook newsfeed without a captivating image.…To make the most of your advertising real estate,…you'll wanna choose an image…that resonates with your audience.…Let's talk about what makes a great image…for your advertisements.…When you sit down to make your selection,…think about the following.…First, stock isn't always the best.…Stock photography can look a lot like an advertisement.…The wrong stock image can create a disassociation…from your brand image,…and it might even be used by another advertiser,…which will make your spend a lot less impactful.…
If you do use stock photography,…try to find images that feel natural,…and are extremely relevant to your product.…With the sports drink that we've been advertising,…I'll be looking for stock images that feel athletic,…but aren't cheesy.…A good tip is to put the stock image…alongside any brand materials you have,…a website, a logo, business card,…all of those will work well.…If the two look like they work together,…
Social media strategist Megan Adams takes you through the basics: setting up an account, understanding ad structure, and using the Ads Manager tools. She shows you how to make critical placement and budget decisions wisely. Learn when to promote pages vs. individual posts, when to use photo ads vs. link ads, and whether to place ads in the desktop or mobile news feed, in the sidebar, Instagram, or other places in Facebook's advertising network. Megan also shows you how to run ad reports, so you can determine whether your ads are accomplishing your goals. Finally, leave with some tips for writing great ads, choosing effective images, and improving ad performance.
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Prepare a Facebook ad that targets the appropriate audience.
- Calculate Impressions using Frequency and Reach.
- List the criteria Facebook considers to assign users to high level interests.
- Name six targeting options.
- Choose the best budget for your ad campaign.
- Analyze advertising reports to track performance.
- Identify the most useful success metrics to help achieve your goals.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 07/19/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: understanding different Facebook ad types, choosing an ad campaign, choosing a budget for your ads, choosing your ad creative, writing your ad content, managing ad placements, and placing your ad order.
Q: This course was updated on 11/07/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: additional advertising options and how to create Facebook ads.
Q: This course was updated on 1/15/2019. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: exploring Facebook ad types.