Creating the right ad campaign objective is imperative to achieving your advertising goals. Facebook advertising has specific objectives you can utilize, from increasing page likes to optimizing your ads for website clicks. In this video, Megan Adams takes you through the ads create tool, where you will be choosing your ad campaign. Learn how to pick the right ad campaign for your advertising objective using this tool.
- [Instructor] We are almost ready to start creating…your ad, but first, let's go over the tool you'll be using…to do that.…The Ads Create tool will help you create ads…based on your advertising objectives.…Remember, your advertising objective…is what you want people to do when they see your ad.…These are things like driving traffic to your website.…Or getting more likes for your Facebook business page.…Think of the Ads Create tool as your guided tour.…Facebook will guide you through the necessary steps…to create your Facebook ad asking you specific questions…to get to the heart of what you want to advertise.…
To launch the Ads Create tool…head to your Facebook page,…select the arrow in the menu option…in the right hand corner.…And select Create Ads.…You can also get here by visiting the link on your screen.…This is a good page to bookmark…as you'll be using it every time…that you create a new ad.…It's on this page that you'll see…all the different types of ads that you can create…listed by objective.…As you hover over each option…
Social media strategist Megan Adams takes you through the basics: setting up an account, understanding ad structure, and using the Ads Manager tools. She shows you how to make critical placement and budget decisions wisely. Learn when to promote pages vs. individual posts, when to use photo ads vs. link ads, and whether to place ads in the desktop or mobile news feed, in the sidebar, Instagram, or other places in Facebook's advertising network. Megan also shows you how to run ad reports, so you can determine whether your ads are accomplishing your goals. Finally, leave with some tips for writing great ads, choosing effective images, and improving ad performance.
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Understanding Facebook ad types
- Setting up an advertising account with Facebook
- Identifying and targeting your primary audience
- Choosing a budget
- Writing Facebook ads
- Boosting page posts
- Creating and scheduling reports
- Improving ad performance
- Understanding Facebook's ad policies
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 07/19/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: understanding different Facebook ad types, choosing an ad campaign, choosing a budget for your ads, choosing your ad creative, writing your ad content, managing ad placements, and placing your ad order.
Q: This course was updated on 11/07/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: additional advertising options and how to create Facebook ads.