Creating the right ad campaign objective is imperative to achieving your advertising goals. Facebook advertising has specific objectives you can utilize from increasing page likes, to optimizing your ads for website clicks. In this video, Social Media Strategist, Megan Adams, takes you through the Facebook Advertising tool, the Ad Create Tool where you will be choosing your ad campaign. Learn how to pick the right ad campaign for your advertising objective using the Ad Tool.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] We are almost ready to start…creating your ad, but first let's go over the…tool you'll be using.…The ads create tool will help you create ads…based on your advertising objectives.…Remember, your advertising objective…is what you want people to do when they see your ad.…Things like driving traffic to your website,…or getting more likes for your Facebook business page.…Think of the ads create tool as a guided tour.…Facebook will guide you through the…necessary steps to create your Facebook ad,…asking you specific questions to get to…the heart of what you want to advertise.…
To launch the ads create tool, I selected…create ads from the drop-down…in the upper right-hand corner.…You can also get here by visiting the link on your screen.…This is a good page to bookmark,…as you'll be using it every time you create a new ad.…It's on this page that we'll see all…the types of ads we can create, listed by objective.…As you hover over each option, you'll see a small tool-tip…explaining the definition of that objective.…
Social media strategist Megan Adams takes you through the basics: setting up an account, understanding ad structure, and using the Ads Manager tools. She shows you how to make critical placement and budget decisions wisely. Learn when to promote pages vs. individual posts, when to use photo ads vs. link ads, and whether to place ads in the desktop or mobile news feed, in the sidebar, Instagram, or other places in Facebook's advertising network. Megan also shows you how to run ad reports, so you can determine whether your ads are accomplishing your goals. Finally, leave with some tips for writing great ads, choosing effective images, and improving ad performance.
- Understanding Facebook ad types
- Setting up an advertising account with Facebook
- Identifying and targeting your primary audience
- Choosing a budget
- Writing Facebook ads
- Boosting page posts
- Creating and scheduling reports
- Improving ad performance
- Understanding Facebook's ad policies