Join Megan Adams for an in-depth discussion in this video How to boost your page posts, part of Facebook Marketing: Advertising.
- [Narrator] Do you wish that your Facebook posts…had more engagement on Facebook?…Well, boosting a page post helps you reach a larger audience…and increase engagement.…That can include people who already like your page,…as well as everyone else on Facebook.…When you boost a post to your existing fans,…it appears higher in their Newsfeed,…so they're more likely to see it.…You can also use an existing post as an advertisement…to a different targeted audience on Facebook.…The goal of a boosted post is the same as an ad.…You want to pick something engaging and interesting,…in the hopes that people either interact with it…or click through to your website.…
As Facebook continues to grow…and focus more and more on advertising,…it's evident the model's becoming pay-to-play.…If you want to compete,…even though you've already identified a group of fans,…you may need to boost posts to get their engagement.…And boosting is done from your fan page.…Here I am on the H+ Sport fan page,…and I'm logged in as an admin.…My first step in boosting a post…
Social media strategist Megan Adams takes you through the basics: setting up an account, understanding ad structure, and using the Ads Manager tools. She shows you how to make critical placement and budget decisions wisely. Learn when to promote pages vs. individual posts, when to use photo ads vs. link ads, and whether to place ads in the desktop or mobile news feed, in the sidebar, Instagram, or other places in Facebook's advertising network. Megan also shows you how to run ad reports, so you can determine whether your ads are accomplishing your goals. Finally, leave with some tips for writing great ads, choosing effective images, and improving ad performance.
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Understanding Facebook ad types
- Setting up an advertising account with Facebook
- Identifying and targeting your primary audience
- Choosing a budget
- Writing Facebook ads
- Boosting page posts
- Creating and scheduling reports
- Improving ad performance
- Understanding Facebook's ad policies
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 07/19/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: understanding different Facebook ad types, choosing an ad campaign, choosing a budget for your ads, choosing your ad creative, writing your ad content, managing ad placements, and placing your ad order.
Q: This course was updated on 11/07/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: additional advertising options and how to create Facebook ads.