Brand advocates are a key part of any online community building strategy. But the trick is finding them. In this video, Megan Adams provides an overview of how brand advocates influence content, how to identify them, and the different ways to engage your community with specific programs and initiatives.
- What exactly are advocates?…I like to call them the loudmouths in your community.…These are the people that are the…pacemakers and trendsetters.…They are the ones people look to for advice and…wield large influence over their network.…They're the people you want talking about you and…are the ones you want to take care of in your community.…But first you have to find them.…It's actually not that hard they will make themselves known.…You'll see them liking many of your posts, sharing your…comments, and retweeting you on Twitter.…They will engage with all your content and start…bringing their friends over to your community.…
They aren't asking for anything in return, but they do…get something out of being an advocate and you…want to help facilitate that.…What I mean by that is, they enjoy being a connector,…an introducer, an early adopter, so do anything you can…to help them feel this way in your community.…And how can you do this?…Through acknowledgement, programs,…and white glove treatment.…So some examples are, have them the first to know…
- Building an online community
- Using social media to build community
- Creating content to engage your audience
- Finding brand advocates
- Measuring your community's growth