Facebook is currently the number one social media site and ideal for personal brands that focus on a B2C audience. In this video, personal branding consultant Karen Leland shows you a series of simple tips to customize Facebook for your personal brand, including curating your friends as part of your overall branding strategy and creating tabs for lead capture.
- [Voiceover] In some ways, Facebook is the…perfect place for personal branding.…You can post pictures, videos, opinions,…likes and dislikes, and other highly curated content…that shows off who you are and what you stand for.…Currently, it's the number one social networking site,…with more than one million small businesses…spending $100 million a year on Facebook advertising.…It's considered one of the best places…for business to consumer, B2C, branding.…
Even if you don't think Facebook would be a boon…to your business brand, almost everyone can benefit…from having a personal Facebook page.…I highly recommend creating a personal Facebook page…that you invite your personal circle of friends to join…and a separate company Facebook page…for clients and business associates.…One warning, because Facebook is such a…social, social media platform, people can tend to…get a little loose with how they use it.…This is a personal branding mistake.…For example, for a while I treated my Facebook page…as a come one, come all proposition.…
This course shows how to authentically and powerfully present your brand online. Branding expert Karen Leland reveals the important differences between the four main social media sites—LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest—and how to use them for career advancement and networking.
- Developing a personal branding mindset
- Adding a good photo, profile, and background to social media sites
- Using LinkedIn for personal branding
- Expanding your Twitter reach
- Creating virtual events on Facebook
- Curating pins on Pinterest