When advertising on Facebook it’s important to understand how Facebook organizes your ads. Social Media Strategist, Megan Adams teaches you the three components that make up the campaign structure which include the campaign, ad set and ad so that you can be sure your ad is reaching the right people and running the way you want it to.
- [Voiceover] When you are advertising on Facebook,…it's important to understand how Facebook…will organize your ads.…Facebook organizes advertisements…into three levels campaigns, ad sets,…and then the ads themselves.…This structure makes it easier…for you to organize, optimize and measure…the performance of your ads.…At the very top, we have the campaign.…This is our objective for our ad campaign.…For example, we may have a campaign…to boost your posts or around a specific product launch.…
Within a campaign, we have the ad set.…A campaign can feature multiple ad sets.…This is where you will define who you are targeting,…your ad placement and bid settings.…Each ad set can also have it's own budget…and scheduling criteria.…You might use an ad set to target different audiences.…For example, you could create an ad set…to target people who live in the same city…as your business or you might use…the ad set to identify people who like sports drinks.…Within the ad set, you can then have…mulitple advertisements.…
All of the advertisements will use a targeting…
Social media strategist Megan Adams takes you through the basics: setting up an account, understanding ad structure, and using the Ads Manager tools. She shows you how to make critical placement and budget decisions wisely. Learn when to promote pages vs. individual posts, when to use photo ads vs. link ads, and whether to place ads in the desktop or mobile news feed, in the sidebar, Instagram, or other places in Facebook's advertising network. Megan also shows you how to run ad reports, so you can determine whether your ads are accomplishing your goals. Finally, leave with some tips for writing great ads, choosing effective images, and improving ad performance.
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Understanding Facebook ad types
- Setting up an advertising account with Facebook
- Identifying and targeting your primary audience
- Choosing a budget
- Writing Facebook ads
- Boosting page posts
- Creating and scheduling reports
- Improving ad performance
- Understanding Facebook's ad policies
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 07/19/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: understanding different Facebook ad types, choosing an ad campaign, choosing a budget for your ads, choosing your ad creative, writing your ad content, managing ad placements, and placing your ad order.