Social media strategist Megan Adams takes you through the basics: setting up an account, understanding ad structure, and using the Ads Manager tools. She shows you how to make critical placement and budget decisions wisely. Learn when to promote pages vs. individual posts, when to use photo ads vs. link ads, and whether to place ads in the desktop or mobile news feed, in the sidebar, Instagram, or other places in Facebook's advertising network. Megan also shows you how to run ad reports, so you can determine whether your ads are accomplishing your goals. Finally, leave with some tips for writing great ads, choosing effective images, and improving ad performance.
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Understanding Facebook ad types
- Setting up an advertising account with Facebook
- Identifying and targeting your primary audience
- Choosing a budget
- Writing Facebook ads
- Boosting page posts
- Creating and scheduling reports
- Improving ad performance
- Understanding Facebook's ad policies
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Instructor] I'm Megan Adams and welcome to this course where you will learn the fundamentals of advertising with Facebook. I'm a social media strategist who's run many online advertising campaigns to help significantly grow all types of brands and businesses, and today I want to show you how you can do the same for your business with Facebook advertising. In this course, we'll take a look at how to create and run effective Facebook advertising campaigns. I'll be walking you through each step and providing you with valuable insight along the way. We'll review the basics of an advertisement, how they work and how they're organized.
We'll also explore what makes for a good ad and review some tweaks you can make to raise your performance. By watching this course, you'll learn everything you need to know in order to create an effective Facebook ad and manage a powerful ad campaign. I'm excited to provide you with a solid foundation to achieve your advertising goals. Let's get started.
Q: This course was updated on 07/19/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: understanding different Facebook ad types, choosing an ad campaign, choosing a budget for your ads, choosing your ad creative, writing your ad content, managing ad placements, and placing your ad order.
Q: This course was updated on 11/07/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: additional advertising options and how to create Facebook ads.