Social media strategist Megan Adams takes you through the basics: setting up an account, understanding ad structure, and using the Ads Manager tools. She shows you how to make critical placement and budget decisions wisely. Learn when to promote pages vs. individual posts, when to use photo ads vs. link ads, and whether to place ads in the desktop or mobile news feed, in the sidebar, Instagram, or other places in Facebook's advertising network. Megan also shows you how to run ad reports, so you can determine whether your ads are accomplishing your goals. Finally, leave with some tips for writing great ads, choosing effective images, and improving ad performance.
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Prepare a Facebook ad that targets the appropriate audience.
- Calculate Impressions using Frequency and Reach.
- List the criteria Facebook considers to assign users to high level interests.
- Name six targeting options.
- Choose the best budget for your ad campaign.
- Analyze advertising reports to track performance.
- Identify the most useful success metrics to help achieve your goals.
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Instructor] You're ready to take the leap into advertising on Facebook. But before you do, learn the most common pitfalls new advertisers fall into. This will save you time and money. And one of the most common mistakes, not knowing your why. This is your reason for creating an ad campaign, and it is so much more important than your budget, your idea, your tagline, and colorful image. Learn how to create your advertising strategy whether it's to launch a new product, sell a house, or just grow your brand's visibility online.
There is more to creating a campaign than just boosting a post. Facebook advertising is a powerful tool when used in alignment with your business's marketing goals. Learn how to get started creating ads that make sense, perform well, and reach your intended audience. And of course, the tools to ensure your success like Facebook Ads Manager, and the Facebook Pixel will be covered. Let's grow your business together.
Q: This course was updated on 07/19/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: understanding different Facebook ad types, choosing an ad campaign, choosing a budget for your ads, choosing your ad creative, writing your ad content, managing ad placements, and placing your ad order.
Q: This course was updated on 11/07/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: additional advertising options and how to create Facebook ads.
Q: This course was updated on 1/15/2019. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: exploring Facebook ad types.