140 characters may not seem like much, but used well, you can build your personal brand one tweet at a time. In this video tutorial, marketing and branding strategist Karen Leland teaches you the S.W.E.E.T. tweet method for crafting engaging tweets that show off your brand personality. In addition you will learn how to locate and connect with the titans of Twitter in your field.
- [Voiceover] Now that you have your Twitter background…and profile rocking, you're ready to begin tweeting,…but before you hit Post, consider…these best practice guidelines.…Use the 90-10 rule of content.…90% of your tweets should be content-driven…and only 10% promotional.…This means that nine out of 10…of your tweets should provide…valuable information, content, opinions, and ideas…to your audience and only one out of 10…should be asking them to buy something.…
You should mix up your tweets.…A healthy, robust combination of…tips, questions, comments, opinions,…as well as links to other websites, blogs,…articles, audio and video make for…a healthy, happy Twitter account.…Take a minute and consult the exercise file…to write out one tweet for each of the…above types that you could use for your Twitter stream.…Also try adding images.…As with most social media today,…images generate engagement.…Tweets with images result in a 36% increase in clicks,…a 41% increase in retweets,…and a 55% increase in leads.…
Here's a hot tip: to keep your links…
This course shows how to authentically and powerfully present your brand online. Branding expert Karen Leland reveals the important differences between the four main social media sites—LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest—and how to use them for career advancement and networking.
- List three benefits of promoting your brand on social media.
- Name the top four social network brands for small businesses.
- Recognize five helpful techniques for creating a profile bio.
- Recall two key points to keep in mind when creating a profile on LinkedIn.
- Identify the rule of content that should be employed in tweets.
- Determine the benefits of hosting a virtual event.