Conveying your message in 140 characters can only get you so far. To add extra value and context to your tweets, consider embedding a photo or a video. Adding a photo or video is relatively easy. This video explores how to embed rich media directly into a tweet.
- [Instructor] Conveying your message in 140 characters…can only get you so far.…To add extra value and context to your tweets,…consider embedding photos or even a video.…The social landscape has really shifted over the years.…Text updates were once the norm,…but now rich media is prevalent,…but this really doesn't come as much of a surprise.…When you're scrolling through a timeline of posts,…images really jump out and add so much more…to the text at hand,…plus images take up a lot more space,…so you gain all of that valuable attention from a user.…
When you select a photo or a video,…it's important to consider the…relevancy of what you're posting.…You want the media to draw attention to the post,…not detract from it.…The allure of Twitter is how concise everything is.…The audience on Twitter isn't looking for these…lofty, overloaded images, but instead…just tidbits that they can consume in an instant.…Now, Twitter makes it very straightforward to share images.…To get started, we need to compose a new tweet,…so we'll do that by choosing the Tweet icon…
Author Brad Batesole starts with the best uses for social media marketing, and the best platforms for each use. He shows you how to create Facebook and Twitter profiles and how to write engaging, high-quality content. He explains the unique features of each platform, such as hashtags and rich media, and discusses how to maximize your reach by adding followers and fans. Finally, he shows you how to measure the results of your efforts, using analytics, to see how well your posts and tweets are performing.
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- What is social media marketing?
- Comparing Facebook and Twitter
- Creating a brand presence
- Defining your objective
- Writing tweets and using retweets
- Adding media and hashtags
- Attracting followers on different platforms
- Writing engaging Facebook posts
- Reviewing Facebook and Twitter analytics