Discover how to deploy the brand story via social media channel tools, the importance of content development, platform selection criteria, and why building relationships is in the DNA of social employees.
- In discussing his choice to become a pioneering…automobile manufacturer, Henry Ford once said,…"If I had asked people what they wanted,…"they would have said faster horses."…So to desire, of course, would not have been…only physically impossible…but also fundamentally short-sighted…in the rapidly progressive world of transportation…back in the early 20th century.…Businesses today are asking a similar question.…According to a Marketo survey, 67% of senior executives…believe marketing should be restructured…to meet the changing needs of the business,…specifically by leveraging social technologies…to build trust and advocacy with their customers.…
But in the social employee revolution…it's not about building a faster horse,…instead it's about moving beyond the horse entirely…by activating and leveraging a new authentic…marketing channel.…But how do you deploy social employees…to engage authentically in the digital bazaar?…First, let's talk about content.…Marketing guru Seth Godin says, "Content marketing…"is all the marketing that's left."…
As empowered brand ambassadors, social employees hold the power to transform how companies communicate both internally and externally to reach customers. This is a win/win for both company and employee—boosting brand value for the company through authentic communication and increasing exposure and career opportunities for employees. Social employees build their own personal brands and establish themselves as leaders in their field. Here Mark and Cheryl outline the roles empowered social employees can play to transform culture and drive business results, including a five-step pilot social employee plan (called the 5 Ds) designed to help companies to increase internal and external engagement, leads, reputation, and sales. This means a more trusted brand that attracts and retains high-value employees—and that delivers more effective marketing communications in the digital marketplace. This course moves from explaining why it makes sense to create engaged brand ambassadors to how to implement and measure results.
- Shifting from outbound to inbound marketing
- Creating the social employee
- Encouraging social executives and leaders
- Storytelling using social media
- Creating a social employee pilot plan