Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Define your objective, part of Social Media Marketing: Facebook and Twitter.
- [Voiceover] To be successful on Twitter,…you really want to identify your core marketing objective.…At a high level,…what is it that you're hoping to accomplish?…By understanding your objective,…you'll be able to quickly identify whether or not…your efforts are panning out.…Now, for some brands,…Twitter might simply be a customer support hub,…a place to respond to customers,…and engage with your community.…Your goals might be measured on the qualitative scale,…that is to say,…you'll have to decide if the quality of your engagements…are worth the effort,…only you'll be able to make that determination.…
For other brands,…your focus might be to establish brand recognition.…You'll spend your effort and energy building authority…in your niche.…Your success metrics will be a blend…of quantitative and qualitative,…the amount of reach your tweets are getting,…and the volume of your followers will indicate…whether your objective is being met.…The types of responses and mentions your brand receives…will determine how valuable the overall effort is.…
Author Brad Batesole starts with the best uses for social media marketing, and the best platforms for each use. He shows you how to create Facebook and Twitter profiles and how to write engaging, high-quality content. He explains the unique features of each platform, such as hashtags and rich media, and discusses how to maximize your reach by adding followers and fans. Finally, he shows you how to measure the results of your efforts, using analytics, to see how well your posts and tweets are performing.
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- What is social media marketing?
- Comparing Facebook and Twitter
- Creating a brand presence
- Defining your objective
- Writing tweets and using retweets
- Adding media and hashtags
- Attracting followers on different platforms
- Writing engaging Facebook posts
- Reviewing Facebook and Twitter analytics