From developing goals and objectives, strategies, tactics, budget, responsibilities and timeline, to establishing metrics tied to business results, digital and social media strategist Martin Waxman takes you through the steps to create a social media marketing plan. And he offers a handy plan template you can download in the exercise files.
- [Voiceover] Imagine you're going on a road trip.…You wouldn't just get in your car and start driving,…chances are you'd do some planning before you left home…to figure out where you're heading…and when you want to arrive.…The same is true of your social media marketing plan.…Think of your plan as a key to getting to your destination,…and that is achieving your business goals.…Let's look at Topsy Turvy, our cake company,…and help them create a social media plan.…
Step One is our goal, where we want to end up.…In Topsy Turvy's case, let's say it's…to position the company as the most creative and reliable…cake maker for events in the city.…Next come strategic considerations.…That's when we take an honest look at the business landscape…and what things could stop us from achieving our goal.…After that, we need to put in some measurable objectives…to determine whether we're moving toward our goal…or if we have to readjust.…
Your objectives shouldn't be too easy…or too difficult to achieve.…How about increase sales of custom-shaped…
- List five examples of an organization’s content.
- Identify SEO strategies that will increase traffic to your website.
- Name the major platforms in social media.
- Predict the best social media strategy for a small business based on customer behavior.
- Prepare a social media plan using strategic considerations and measurable objectives.
- Define three tips for using social media to establish a solid customer relationship.
- Analyze data gathered through social media to perform A/B tests.