Facebook's Lookalike Audience tool lets you reach new people who are likely to be interested in your brand, product or website because they're similar to a customer list that you've already created. A lookalike audience is built off an existing custom audience and in this video, Social Media Strategist Megan Adams showsy ou how you can use Lookalike Audiences on your ad campaigns as well as walks you through how to set them up.
- [Voiceover] Many marketers are seeing a lot of success…from Facebook's Lookalike Audience feature.…This tool lets you reach new people…who are likely to be interested…in your brand, product, or website…because they're similar to a customer list…you've already created.…A Lookalike Audience is built off…of an existing custom audience,…so you'll need one of those first.…To put this into perspective,…let's say you've uploaded a list…of everyone who has purchased a product from your website.…You know that's a good audience…because they've converted before.…You can then instruct Facebook…to create a list of Facebook users who are very similar…to the customers that have already converted.…
This becomes your Lookalike Audience.…What's great is that audience won't include any users…from your current custom audience.…Instead, Facebook will take a look at the similarities…between your source audience.…They look at things like demographics, interests, and likes.…Facebook will also let you decide…if you want your Lookalike Audience…
The course also covers conversion tracking with the Facebook pixel, and retargeting users who have previously interacted with your brand's page or website. Plus, learn how to use the Power Editor to quickly duplicate ads with different targeting or imagery, and move ads between accounts. And last but not least, Megan reveals tips for mimicking A/B testing of ads and generating more leads.
If you need a Facebook advertising refresher before diving into these advanced tactics, check out Facebook Advertising Fundamentals.
- Using the Power Editor
- Managing ads and campaigns in bulk
- Bulk uploading ad images
- Managing pages
- Creating custom audiences
- Duplicating ads
- Using conversion pixels
- Setting up roles and permissions in Facebook Business Manager
- Retargeting ads
- Conducting A/B tests on Facebook ads
- Generating leads with Facebook ads