As you scale your advertising efforts, you'll want to start creating multiple ads of an advertisement or campaign, while using different targeting parameters for each one. In this video, learn from Social Media Strategist, Megan Adams how you can duplicate ads with different targeting and the fastest way to create differentiated targeting within Facebook.
- [Voiceover] As you scale your advertising efforts,…you'll want to start creating multiple ads…of an advertisement or campaign while using…different targeting parameters for each one.…For example, I might have an advertisement selling…my sports beverage for five dollars.…To test out which audience works best…at this price point, I'll duplicate the ad…and target it to a specific age range and gender.…I might make an advertisement for 20 to 24 year old males.…Then one for 20 to 24 year old females, and so on.…
To get started, you'll visit the Power Editor tool…by heading to the link on your screen,…or by selecting it in the top menu of the Ads Manager.…To get us started, I've created the campaign,…and now I'm going to head to the targeting portion.…Let's scroll down to the audience section…and set up our first audience.…In this case, we've decided we're going to…target females between the ages of 20 and 24,…so I have that selected there.…I've set up our creative along with…any other targeting options.…
Everything has been configured the way we'd like it.…
The course also covers conversion tracking with the Facebook pixel, and retargeting users who have previously interacted with your brand's page or website. Plus, learn how to use the Power Editor to quickly duplicate ads with different targeting or imagery, and move ads between accounts. And last but not least, Megan reveals tips for mimicking A/B testing of ads and generating more leads.
If you need a Facebook advertising refresher before diving into these advanced tactics, check out Facebook Advertising Fundamentals.
- Using the Power Editor
- Managing ads and campaigns in bulk
- Bulk uploading ad images
- Managing pages
- Creating custom audiences
- Duplicating ads
- Using conversion pixels
- Setting up roles and permissions in Facebook Business Manager
- Retargeting ads
- Conducting A/B tests on Facebook ads
- Generating leads with Facebook ads