Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Create a brand presence, part of Social Media Marketing: Facebook and Twitter.
- [Voiceover] The way your brand is perceived on Twitter…is important to your success.…Now the most important brand element of Twitter…is the username.…And this is how people will interact with your business…so you'll want to take time…to secure an appropriate username.…Most of your success will really hinge on this name.…Now for most brands, this is easy.…You'll just use your company name.…But what if that's not available?…Or your name is too long or not descriptive enough?…Let's talk through some of the dos and don'ts…of a username.…One more thing before we get started.…
If you already have a Twitter username…that you're not completely sold on,…you can change it, and we'll talk more on that in a moment.…So, first things first.…It's important to make your Twitter handle…something relevant to your brand.…I'd stay away from anything random,…and instead pick something specific.…I would also avoid using your personal name…unless you are the brand or the key focus of the business.…Now you only have 15 characters to work with,…
Author Brad Batesole starts with the best uses for social media marketing, and the best platforms for each use. He shows you how to create Facebook and Twitter profiles and how to write engaging, high-quality content. He explains the unique features of each platform, such as hashtags and rich media, and discusses how to maximize your reach by adding followers and fans. Finally, he shows you how to measure the results of your efforts, using analytics, to see how well your posts and tweets are performing.
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- What is social media marketing?
- Comparing Facebook and Twitter
- Creating a brand presence
- Defining your objective
- Writing tweets and using retweets
- Adding media and hashtags
- Attracting followers on different platforms
- Writing engaging Facebook posts
- Reviewing Facebook and Twitter analytics