Join Martin Shervington for an in-depth discussion in this video Connect with the right audience on social media, part of Social Media Marketing: Managing Customer Comments.
- How you manage your online comments…really depends on your business,…as well as the personality of the person…who is managing the comments…and the nature of the comment itself.…It's a bit like hosting a party.…If you have different hosts, you have different parties.…There is also another factor.…Each platform and each conversation that you have…is a unique chance to engage with people…who are paying attention to you.…So, the first thing to consider is your content…and the content you should post…really should fit your audience.…
So, ask yourself, who is the audience?…What is the likely response to them seeing…this piece of content?…Is this the response that I want to have…in this circumstance?…I'd really encourage you to write these down…and answer them either by yourself or with your team.…Your content is going to drive conversation…and that's what you want.…For instance, taking a quick look on Facebook,…you can see some jovial pictures…that are likely to elicit a positive emotional response.…
On some platforms, you'll be given the option…
- Differentiate between threaded and non-threaded conversations.
- Explain why hashtags are used in social media posts.
- Describe ways in which images influence social behavior.
- Recall how to use questions to your advantage in social media posts.
- Cite reasons why it’s important to be careful about the topics you post about online.
- Explain how to redirect attention on a comment thread.
- Recognize the importance of avoiding being snarky on social media threads.