The creative components of your Facebook ad can make or break your ad. Social media strategist Megan Adams shares the qualities of an effective ad based on which type of campaign objective you are using, along with how to choose an image, edit, and manage it, as well as what you should include in the header and ad copy itself.
- It's now time for the creative portion…of your ad creation process.…As we move to the Ads Create tool…we find ourselves on the last step…and that is creating the ad itself.…The type of creative you use…will be based on the objective that you select.…In this example we are looking at the conversions objective.…But you'll be able to apply the same principles…to any of the other objectives.…Since this objective requires the most effort to configure,…I'm using it to show you…all the options that Facebook provides.…
Now the first step is to choose…how I want my ad to look.…I can select from a couple of options.…You can see here, under format,…the different options.…Starting at the left is carousel.…It's ere that you can have two or more scrollable images…or videos.…To the right of that, and the one that is highlighted,…is the single image.…So, this is where you can create an ad…with one solo image…and then you can create up to six ads…with these images at no extra charge.…
Next is single video,…so it's similar to single image,…
Social media strategist Megan Adams takes you through the basics: setting up an account, understanding ad structure, and using the Ads Manager tools. She shows you how to make critical placement and budget decisions wisely. Learn when to promote pages vs. individual posts, when to use photo ads vs. link ads, and whether to place ads in the desktop or mobile news feed, in the sidebar, Instagram, or other places in Facebook's advertising network. Megan also shows you how to run ad reports, so you can determine whether your ads are accomplishing your goals. Finally, leave with some tips for writing great ads, choosing effective images, and improving ad performance.
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Prepare a Facebook ad that targets the appropriate audience.
- Calculate Impressions using Frequency and Reach.
- List the criteria Facebook considers to assign users to high level interests.
- Name six targeting options.
- Choose the best budget for your ad campaign.
- Analyze advertising reports to track performance.
- Identify the most useful success metrics to help achieve your goals.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 07/19/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: understanding different Facebook ad types, choosing an ad campaign, choosing a budget for your ads, choosing your ad creative, writing your ad content, managing ad placements, and placing your ad order.
Q: This course was updated on 11/07/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: additional advertising options and how to create Facebook ads.
Q: This course was updated on 1/15/2019. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: exploring Facebook ad types.