The creative components of your Facebook ad can make or break your ad. Social Media Strategist, Megan Adams shares the qualities of an effective ad based on which type of campaign objective you are using, along with how to choose an image, edit and manage it, as well as what you should include in the header and ad copy itself.
- [Voiceover] It's now time for the creative portion…of your ad creation process.…As we move through the ads create tool,…we now find ourselves on the last step,…creating your ad.…The type of creative you use will be based…on the objective you select.…In this example, we're looking at the…clicks to website objective, but you'll be able…to apply the same principles to any of the other objectives.…Since this objective requires the most effort to configure,…I'm using it to show you all the options Facebook provides.…Now the first step is to choose a media…we wish to use for this ad.…
We are going to go ahead and select images.…Once that has been selected, we will need…actual images for our advertisement.…Depending on how your site is configured,…Facebook might automatically pull images…and assets from the URL you provide,…or at least it's gonna do its best.…In this case, it's pulled this one image you see here.…Here you can see our image is front and center…and needs some attention.…Turns out it is the incorrect size…
Social media strategist Megan Adams takes you through the basics: setting up an account, understanding ad structure, and using the Ads Manager tools. She shows you how to make critical placement and budget decisions wisely. Learn when to promote pages vs. individual posts, when to use photo ads vs. link ads, and whether to place ads in the desktop or mobile news feed, in the sidebar, Instagram, or other places in Facebook's advertising network. Megan also shows you how to run ad reports, so you can determine whether your ads are accomplishing your goals. Finally, leave with some tips for writing great ads, choosing effective images, and improving ad performance.
- Understanding Facebook ad types
- Setting up an advertising account with Facebook
- Identifying and targeting your primary audience
- Choosing a budget
- Writing Facebook ads
- Boosting page posts
- Creating and scheduling reports
- Improving ad performance
- Understanding Facebook's ad policies