Join Martin Shervington for an in-depth discussion in this video Build relationships with social media influencers, part of Social Media Marketing: Managing Customer Comments.
- Imagine this.…We're sitting in a restaurant,…and you say you want to meet somebody…who's really important in business,…such as Richard Branson or Elon Musk.…I pick up my phone, find the number, dial,…and next thing you know, 20 minutes later,…they arrive and sit at our table.…You may not realize it yet,…but social media is full of such opportunities.…If somebody is running their own social media account,…then there's a good chance to get that person's attention,…and, in fact, this happens time and time again.…
I build relationships with people like Guy Kawasaki…and Chris Brogen through understanding this.…Now, here's the tip.…If you want to call in such heavy hitters…to engage in your conversations,…particularly on your comment threads,…then it's going to show people who are around you…that you have the weight yourself to call them in,…assuming, of course, they arrive.…To do this, you're going to want to build…relationships with them first,…and the best way to build relationships is to plus one,…comment, share, like their content,…
- Differentiate between threaded and non-threaded conversations.
- Explain why hashtags are used in social media posts.
- Describe ways in which images influence social behavior.
- Recall how to use questions to your advantage in social media posts.
- Cite reasons why it’s important to be careful about the topics you post about online.
- Explain how to redirect attention on a comment thread.
- Recognize the importance of avoiding being snarky on social media threads.