Intimidated by connecting with customers online? In this video, Megan Adams discusses the innate ability everyone has to create and participate in an Internet community. You will see how people can effectively share their offline interests and expertise with the goal of organically turning customers into brand evangelists.
- For many people, the idea of…online community building seems daunting.…The Internet is such a big place,…and the online tools such as Facebook…and other social networks are always changing.…This is why I want to take the opportunity to tell you…you already know how to build community.…You do it every single day of your life.…In fact, you were born knowing how to build…and be a member of a community.…So let's brainstorm all the offline communities…you are already a part of.…So family, friends,…neighbors, church groups,…recreational sports leagues, work groups,…a band, car club, community of gardeners.…
These are all communities that we are actively a part of.…So now think of how organically you became…part of this community.…It was easy, why?…Basically because you all had that one thing in common…that made you feel at home.…So using the example of Orange Valley…Community Arts Association,…I'm going to head over to their website.…So here I am on the home page of the…Orange Valley Community Arts Association website.…
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Building an online community
- Using social media to build community
- Creating content to engage your audience
- Finding brand advocates
- Measuring your community's growth
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 04/26/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: online tools for building community, creating engagement online, paid vs. unpaid tactics for growth, and measuring your community's growth.