Understand the opportunity to build thought leadership through the creation and syndication of blogs designed to reach and facilitate sharing of valuable content across networks.
- How do you build trust in the social era?…Sure, you can stick to your typical out-bound…marketing strategies by crafting press releases,…sending out email communications,…and printing your logo on golf balls.…But in the new digital marketplace,…that's not going to be enough.…Modern consumers are more informed than ever…and more willing to share their opinion…of your brand through social review sites…like Yelp or Glassdoor.…Branding has become a two-way street.…
The only way to build trust is to share.…To join the conversation rather than try to control it.…And to do that, it's time to break with the one-way…out-bound marketing script and embrace…the world of blogging.…The reality today is that any professional…can benefit from having a blog.…If you're a social executive, blog to communicate…your brand's mission, vision, and values.…Research shows that the executives who do…are far more trustworthy.…
If you're an everyday employee,…build a blog with your work team or department…to share thought leadership, industry news…
As empowered brand ambassadors, social employees hold the power to transform how companies communicate both internally and externally to reach customers. This is a win/win for both company and employee—boosting brand value for the company through authentic communication and increasing exposure and career opportunities for employees. Social employees build their own personal brands and establish themselves as leaders in their field. Here Mark and Cheryl outline the roles empowered social employees can play to transform culture and drive business results, including a five-step pilot social employee plan (called the 5 Ds) designed to help companies to increase internal and external engagement, leads, reputation, and sales. This means a more trusted brand that attracts and retains high-value employees—and that delivers more effective marketing communications in the digital marketplace. This course moves from explaining why it makes sense to create engaged brand ambassadors to how to implement and measure results.
- Shifting from outbound to inbound marketing
- Creating the social employee
- Encouraging social executives and leaders
- Storytelling using social media
- Creating a social employee pilot plan