In this tutorial, branding strategy expert Karen Leland will familiarize you with the key demographics of the four biggest social media players: LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest. This video will help you craft a positioning strategy for your online personal brand by determining which social media sites best suit your needs and objectives.
- Many people today have a bad case of FOMO…when it comes to social media.…FOMO, or fear of missing out, drives us nuts…as we try to be on all social media platforms, all the time.…Every time a new, hot site pops up,…we feel even more pressure to participate.…Let me relieve you of that burden right now.…Unless you're a Fortune 500 company,…or inherited some really serious coin,…you don't have the time or resources…to actively pursue all social media.…Creating your best personal brand on social media…means choosing the one or two channels,…three if you're an overachiever, that fit the best.…
And while you may want to have a presence…on a multitude of social media platforms,…I'm suggesting that you choose the one or two…that you can commit to focusing on.…Here's a brief overview of the top four social media sites.…LinkedIn.…In the business to business space,…LinkedIn is the number one player in its field.…Much of the activity on LinkedIn is around IT services,…financial services, computer software,…and the telecommunication space.…
This course shows how to authentically and powerfully present your brand online. Branding expert Karen Leland reveals the important differences between the four main social media sites—LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest—and how to use them for career advancement and networking.
- List three benefits of promoting your brand on social media.
- Name the top four social network brands for small businesses.
- Recognize five helpful techniques for creating a profile bio.
- Recall two key points to keep in mind when creating a profile on LinkedIn.
- Identify the rule of content that should be employed in tweets.
- Determine the benefits of hosting a virtual event.