Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Before you start marketing, part of Social Media Marketing with Facebook and Twitter.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] As you consider getting started…in social media marketing, the first thing you wanna do…is make sure you're set up to collect data.…Data is essential to making decisions…on your social media efforts.…At a basic level, you should have Google Analytics…set up and running on your website.…It's fairly easy to get established with Google Analytics,…but if you'd like to dig deeper, check out…the Google Analytics Essential Training course…here on Lynda.com.…Because you'll be driving traffic to your site…from social posts, I also recommend…creating custom links so you can track the success…of each of those efforts.…
A great tool for this is Bitly,…and you can find that at bit.ly.…Simply drop in your URL…and it'll create a nice shortened version,…and then you can check how many clicks it's received…from your Bitly dashboard.…Now you can also do this with custom Google campaign tags,…but I won't be diving into that.…You can explore more on campaign tags and UTM tracking…in the GA essentials course mentioned earlier.…
Author Brad Batesole starts with the best uses for social media marketing, and the best platforms for each use. He shows you how to create Facebook and Twitter profiles and how to write engaging, high-quality content. He explains the unique features of each platform, such as hashtags and rich media, and discusses how to maximize your reach by adding followers and fans. Finally, he shows you how to measure the results of your efforts, using analytics, to see how well your posts and tweets are performing.
- What is social media marketing?
- Comparing Facebook and Twitter
- Creating a brand presence
- Defining your objective
- Writing tweets and using retweets
- Adding media and hashtags
- Attracting followers on different platforms
- Writing engaging Facebook posts
- Reviewing Facebook and Twitter analytics